Saturday, September 13, 2008

Doing the right thing

I feel alarmingly calm. It's weird but true. The same situation demands the same decision. I choose to obey God.

Two years ago, questions leaked before an exam. I took a glance at the questions before realizing it's wrong. I walked away. Then, I was staying with other course mates. They studied according to the questions. No. They just memorized all the answers.

I did not. I chose to study everything. I chose to be foolish. I chose not to cheat despite the pressure. I chose to do what was right. I chose to obey and honor God.

Obeying God involves sacrifice. That also meant I chose not to do well. I struggled with the questions. I came out of the exam hall feeling un-victorious. I felt cheated. Inside it stings so bad I wanted to cry.

Why do I feel bad doing the right thing.? It's so unfair. It doesn't pay to do the right thing.

That was how I felt.

Today, I am faced with the same situation. Ironically, the same subject. I choose to make the same choice once again. I choose to work harder. One thing is different. I don't feel the pressure anymore. The struggle I once faced is no longer a struggle. I've left this stage of struggle two years ago. I can make the same choice and be alarmingly calm.

I have a confession. I haven't been giving my best lately in my studies. Maybe it's God's way of telling me to work hard. Immigrants work harder.

I am a Christian. I am not of this world. I should work harder.

God works in mysterious way. ^_^

Today, after two years, I feel victorious.

Sharing this as an encouragement. Have a good day!

6 comments:

hwei said...

T_T

mau said...

it is encouraging... thanx... ^ ^

cluelessfreak said...

if tips le?

hwei said...

i think if lecturer ownself give tips wan is ok. but if get tips from students who got it secara haram (or wrong) then shouldn't lor.

cluelessfreak said...

but how we know where they got it from wo......*saya pernah rujuk tips* but i still study all i can

hwei said...

then i suppose you'll have to apply the principles in 1 corinthians 10:25-33. =) if you still study all you can, then baguslah. syabas syimabas!