Tuesday, March 02, 2010

God is Here.

I was reading previous posts on church activities, and I realised it's not hard to see that we get our success from God. A notable one is from the Christmas Musical back in 2006. I think many will remember if I told them I was the dumb guy acting that day.

I went back 4 years and read Hwei's post on it (however long it was). I knew there were problems but Hwei seemed to mention more haha. It's amazing how we pulled through in spite of numerous setbacks. The flood, no tinsel, change of script, last-minute pull-outs; All of this would easily derail a potentially good event. And yet, by God's help, we did it that night. The crowd came, we adapted, we got closer to friends, they heard the gospel.

May the Christmas Musical remind you just as it has done to me of how God's hand was working through all of us, and will continue to work if we just rely on Him. Whenever we feel down or disappointed, look to this event or the other events that we have done, and say,

"Yes, Lord. You are here. Give me Your strength to do Your work."

And then look up, and work.

2 Corinthians 12:10

Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

6 comments:

hwei said...

what's wrong with writing long long? blehhhhh.

yeah, God works silently most of the time, and we only notice after everything happens.

Shuen said...

Ya really long. Nothing like the simplicity post. Heh

cluelessfreak said...

crazy long ah the post. i miss musicals! and the practices

saun said...

Haha. Nothing wrong with long posts. Detail is good. Just dat most of our MGC-ians dun really like details so i was just warning them.

saun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
saun said...

And ya,God works silently. So silent we didn't noe He was there.