Friday, June 22, 2007

Follow-Up on Previous Posts - Wedding, Football

The Wedding

Yoke Woon and Beng Hui got emotional during the exchanging of vows. So touching ~ T_T

But I couldn't see a thing because there was this really big flower + flower pot on the piano that completely blocked my view. Well, not really completely. I could see Uncle Rodney. -_-

Beng Hui got really serious about the wedding on the wedding day itself and he even panicked a little bit, according to Tse Shuen. Yoke Woon and her dad had a lot of trouble getting out of the car and walking up the steps cuz of her big dress. It was really unique, by the way. Check out the photos Yen posted.

The Wedding March (the majestic and grand one) and the Bridal Chorus ("here comes the bride, all dressed in white" etc) were ok, I guess. I'm looking forward to Song En's wedding in July! Then I can *sharingan some techniques. Muahaha~

... Beng Hui's gonna be an Uncle Beng Hui soon!!!!!!! (I keep saying that ~hmm~)


The Football

Players:
  • Geng Yi
  • Yen Mei
  • Shaun
  • Sin Yee
  • Yik How
  • Mr Chuah (he's good. really good. puts us to shame.)
Auntie Yu Ming, Mrs Chuah, and I mainly cheered our hearts out for The Team (we actually have a team! Yeah!). Vicky @ Viki (I don't really know how to spell her name - can you tell?), the goalkeeper for the Indian team was really awesome. Her kicks were like whoaaaaaa, and her goalkeeping was like mannnnnn, and her solo-playing was like fuhhhhhh. Auntie Yu Ming said that she kept asking when the next Sports Day was because it was the "happiest day of her life".

Thanks to Geng Yi's pushing, we managed to mingle around with the neighbourhood kids. Of the Indian players, we got to know Viki and Gabriel (from SFI, very talkative). I'm not speaking for the rest when I say I don't know the other Indians. I talked a bit to Fitri, the young Malay player (very cute) who loosened up and joined our team in our attempts to capture the perfect Matrix shot. Shaun feigned doofusness and called him "Aidil Fitri" instead. The other young boy was Deben or at least has a name that sounds like that but might not look like that. He was super serious and was quite annoyed with Shaun and the other MGC players for their main-main spirit. He took several deep breaths before huffing-and-puffingly taking the penalty shot.

All I can say is... kids are just so adorable.

I didn't know that there were people who actually took football so seriously. Other than professional football players la. I mean, we can actually form a ministry for football! You don't hear about a volleyball ministry or hockey ministry anywhere.

I still don't get it. Hmm.

Anyway, for those who don't join us because you think football with kids is boring and you'll tar-pau them and that it's really much nicer to do something else on a Sunday than goof around with kids, I just wanna say that you're sorely wrong. For one, those kids aren't our typical MGC-kids footballers. They're not lousy or anything. They might not be as good as you are, but they can present at least a little challenge if they really play.

Also, actually putting aside yourself and your activities to recognize the need in this ministry isn't really that hard. When I first joined this venture, I felt a little lazy and like I was forced to go. But as the weeks go by, I feel like I'm enjoying every week more and more. And especially more when there are youths who show that they want to help. The saying, "the more the merrier" isn't a lie or a mere sentence. It's true! It's so much better when we all bear the ministry together, isn't it?

It's like me, sis and Shaun washing the dishes together instead of just one person doing it. It really makes a difference. Those who wash dishes at home would understand la.

Like Yen said: Join us!

But don't force yourself. Haha.


*Sharingan = a skill solely owned by the famed Uchiha clan in the anime + manga series Naruto, which enables its user to copy almost anything e.g. skill, technique, writing

No comments: